I’m a dreamer.
Not the kind of dreamer that has a hard time paying attention in class but the kind of dreamer who spends their days envisioning the possibilities of today, tomorrow and the next day. I see potential. In people, places and things.
My dreams turn into goals and my goals turn into realities. Except, it’s not as simple as that.
When I dream something up, I journal it. Once I journal it I think on it and all of the parts that will be a part of that dream. I draft out my goals as I journal about this dream. My actions take over as I think on this dream/goal.
Action soon takes over, this is the hard part. I know, it’s the hard part because now I actually have to do something to make that dream a reality.
I’ll give you an example. This week I journal-ed a few of my short term goals and they are:
- Smile. Everyday just think about something and smile. No matter where you happen to be.
- Be calm. Remain serene and unfrazzled. (I was a little too frazzled this past week and I don’t want to be that person).
- Eat right. Nourish your busy body. (I skipped too many meals because I was too busy).
- Hydrate yourself with hope and with water. (You need hope to accomplish your dreams so don’t ever let it fizzle away. Find ways to hydrate yourself with hope each day).
- Get back to people within 24 hours or less. (I was not very good at achieving this last week so it’s a goal for the coming week to improve and get back to the level of service I expect from myself).
- Stop telling people how busy you are. (As I reflected on my past week I realized I was saying this a lot. Who really cares if I am “busy” – it actually sounds very negative and who will want to ever call on me for help if I am so “busy?” I want to be a person of significance in the lives of the people I know and if I am too busy for them, I am not working toward that goal, am I?) Instead, tell people what you are thankful for what the week has brought to you. What significant thing happened this week that you can share with them?
It’s as simple as that. Of course I have big dreams that take years to accomplish but it really is the little things in life we dream about and that we do that get us to those “big” moments.
What are your dreams for the week. What will you start, stop or supplement in your week to be the person you have always dreamed you would be? Please comment here and give me something to dream about as well!
The Wild Wonderful Working Jasmine